STOP TOLERATING JEZEBEL! Have you wondered how people, who seem as sweet as pie, are often filled with a hellish personality and agenda? At heart, within their subtle skill, lies a hidden strategy, designed by Satan himself. This spirit comes, to hinder your life and ministry. We have all been disappointed by relationships, but with prayer and discernment, you can arm yourself to defeat this spirit sent to take you down or out.
UNDERSTANDING THE SPIRIT OF JEZEBEL
Jezebel was a Phoenician princess who married Ahab, king of Israel. By acquiescing to her idolatry, King Ahab broke the first two commandments:
“You shall have no other gods before Me. You shall not make for yourself a carved image—any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them nor serve them” (Ex. 20:3–5).
Baal worship gives us clues as to the workings of Jezebel. The name Baal means “lord” or “possessor.” Baal was the sun-god of Phoenicia, and the supreme deity among the Canaanites and other pagan nations. ” In Greek mythology, Baal is the equivalent of Zeus
7 WAYS TO BREAK THIS SPIRIT: (There are many more in the book)
Since these individuals usually have achieved some level of authority, only someone who outranks them, or a group effort will work. If you are a woman, you need to be strong and self-confident. If you are a man, you need to be the same. Do not be influenced by threats or tears form a woman. You also need to have enough male hormone to stand up to her. Also, if you are a man, and this is your wife, be sure the men in your support group can be trusted with her.
1. Be sure you are not enabling this person. Do not be an “Ahab”
2. Gather facts about the person’s activity and behavior, be able to prove it.
3. Start by addressing real behavior. Don’t start by telling someone “they have a spirit.”
4. Be prepared to question the person on why they behave that way.
5. Make a list of wrongs. Be prepared with evidence.
6. Confront the person with the facts. – expect denial. They will lie through their teeth!!
7. Gather witnesses, who are also sincere believers (if in a church setting), or other credible authority figures, because the person will attack back, and deny everything.
The Sinister Jezebel Spirit!